Thursday, January 05, 2012

Sixaxis Controller App Touch Profiles

It seems there is a little confusion with regards to this app so here I will explain a little better and provide my personal key maps, but more on that later.

Firstly, this app is for ANDROID PHONES ONLY.

It won't work on anything else. The app can be found here. There is also a checker that you can download and see if your phone is suitable. That can be found here.

You could also visit the Dancing Pixel Studios site here.

Now that that is cleared up, you need to have some pre-requisites before this app will work.

1. A Sixaxis PS3 controller. It isn't recommended to use any other pad as they can produce technical issues. A USB controller WILL NOT WORK so don't ask.

2. Your phone needs ROOT. If you don't know what this is I suggest you do some reading at XDA Developers of Cyanogenmod.

3. A PS3 sixaxis charging cable - Due to the way pairing is done with the controllers, you need to manually pair your controller with the PC utility 'SixaxisPairTool' (available on the website) and a mini-USB cable. Android 3.1+ users can also pair directly on their devices via USB.

I personally use an LG Optimus 2X with Cyanogenmod 7 and this app works flawlessly.

There are numerous guides on youtube how to create the key maps so I wont bore you with details.

Anyway, onto key mappings.

You can download my touch profiles here.

These are for:

Brothers in Arms 2 (Gameloft Freemium version)
9mm (not working 100% corectly)
Frontline Commando
GTA 3
Modern Combat 3
Nova 2

Simply extract the archive to your SDcard into \data\com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller\profiles

These are designed for the LG Optimus 2X so anyone who uses tablets of phones with larger screens are going to have to tweak these to get them to work properly.

If you have any other questions, please ask!

16 comments:

  1. doen't work with the MC 2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Xperia PLAY device and want to use my sixaxis controller, but my device isn't rooted and dont know if there is a root for it, any help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will work with MC 2 if you make a touch profile for it. I dont own it so haven't made one.

    As for xperia play its no go without root I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't find how to make keymaps. Could you please show or explain how you get the touch map to work since I can only get crouch and sprint to work. Thanking you heaps in advance (

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,

    I also have the LG optimus 2X, rooted and with CM7 and paired with sixaxis tool. Unfortunately when i run the sixaxis controller app i cant my sony controller to pair. It says : Succesfully configured bluetooth, Listening for controllers and nothing happens. I have tried to reset the controller, but to no effect. What am i doing wrong? Could use some advice as i'm eager to play my games with sixaxis controller..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you using stock cm7 kernel or another one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im using CM7-11162011-Nightly, Kernel version: 2.6.32.45 CM rmcc@giskard #1. My Wiimote connects perfectly on my LG optimus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I having issues syncing with my DROID RAZR. When I turn on the controller it says client connected then it stops blinking with no lights on. Then in about 2min kit says client disconnected. Need help do you think its my controller.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peut tu m'aider stpl j'ai une galaxy tab 7" et je suis rooter j'arrive à connecter la manette mais une fois que je veux utiliser un profile pour jouer sa ne marche pas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i cant find the folde ur talking abaut.... i made a new one hope it wurks..

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Warlock85 Not sure, this is perhaps a question you need to ask the developer of the app.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Steevbig I don't speak French sorry, but I get the jist of your question. My touch profiles are for the O2X not for tablets sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @tjitte creating a new folder should be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. jackshardware[at]gmail.com22 June 2012 at 06:42

    Can you please send me your Shadowgun profile vie email? I've huge problems mapping it on my Optimus 2x. Thanks for the GTA 3 map. If I use my DualShock 3 analogstick and enable steering analog it does tha job with some hick-ups throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I installed modern combat 3 on my Optimus 2x ...when i playing....it works well.After few minutes, suddenly the game comes to the half of screen and shows empty black screen right side on the screen...but zooming and moving options in right side are works....how can i solve this?

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI i am in bad need of help

    I got all the softwareinstalled and my controller is connected to my transformer prime.

    I have also created another profile all i dont understand it, how do i use the profile and there is just no luck what so ever notting works.

    somebody please help.

    thanks

    Dev

    ReplyDelete